Science Dictionary for Kids provides hundreds of science terms with kid-friendly definitions and illustrations, perfect for any teacher of science or parent helping a child with science homework. From the basic science equipment, to the physical sciences, to Earth science, kids can flip to one of eight science categories to find the definitions they need.
The perfect reference for kids and their parents and teachers, the easy-to-follow definitions in this guide will help with any science assignment, project, or experiment. Most definitions include an illustrated version to increase comprehension.
Science Dictionary for Kids also includes a handy reference guide section, complete with commonly used formulas, measurement conversions, charts detailing household chemicals and acids and bases, instructions for using science equipment safely, tips on following the scientific process, and information on graphing results and data. This book needs to be on every child's desk!
• The perfect companion to Prufrock Press' bestselling Math Dictionary for Kids
• Comprehensive, easy-to-use reference guide to science terms for students (grades 4–9)
• Quick access to essential information and answers
• Kid-friendly graphics and illustrations to help define each term or scientific process
• Includes both standard and metric units of measurement for U.S. and Canadian markets