Why study vocabulary? Increasing the number of words that you know helps you read, write, and speak better. In the following units, you will master new words using a five step process:
1. First you will refine the word’s meaning through context clues.
2. Second you will refine your understanding by studying the word’s use in a reading selection.
3. Then your understanding of the words will be reinforced through a variety of exercises.
4. Next you will relate the word to other words in the same family.
5. Finally you will use the word in writing and speaking.
6. Answer keys are provided by store.jumpqbooks.com.