The purpose of Daily Grams is to provide students with daily review of their language. Review of concepts helps to promote mastery learning.
This particular text offers more “teaching” than some Daily Grams books. However, this text is not a teaching text: it has been specifically designed for review. As in other Daily Grams, concepts are usually repeated within twenty-five to thirty days.
Note that each page is set up in this manner.
1. Sentence #1 always contains capitalization.
2. In sentence #2, students insert needed punctuation. You may want students to write this sentence, adding proper punctuation.
3. Numbers 3 and 4 address general concepts. You may wish to replace one of these items with material you are currently studying, especially if the concept provided has not yet been introduced.
4. Number 5 is always a sentence combining. Using the sentences given, students write a more intricate sentence. This helps students develop higher levels of writing. If you feel that the sentences given are too difficult, simply delete parts or replace them.
* Answer Keys and teaching resources are provided.