HERE'S A BREAKTHOUGH FORMULA FOR UNDERSTANDING CHEMISTRY
Forget dry presentations, abstract theory, and grueling homework assignments -- here's an entertaining and effective way for those without formal training or unlimited time to get up-to-speed on chemistry and the foundational components of matter.
With Chemistry Demystified, you master the subject one simple step at a time -- at your own speed. Unlike most books on chemistry, general principles are presented first, and the details follow. In order to make the learning process as clear and simple as possible, heavy-duty math, formulas, and equations are kept to a minimum. This unique self-teaching guide offers questions at the end of each chapter and section to pinpoint weaknesses, and a 150-question final exam to reinforce the entire book. You'll also find a host of "extras" such as Chembites, tips, scientific news, and cutting-edge industry applications not usually found in standard textbooks.
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Chemistry Demystified is the painless alternative to learning or brushing up on chemistry.
Here's everything you need to:
* Understand the components of matter
* Grasp symbols and naming standards used in chemistry
* Learn elements, electrons, and the Periodic Table
* Discover the composition of atoms
* Comprehend subatomic particles
* Execute formulaic calculations
* Understand properties and reactions
* Comprehend solubility, boiling, and freezing points
* Discern surface tension